Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Poor little Man!







I'm sitting here in the hospital watching Kev and Noah sleeping and I wish there was something I could do for our sweet baby. Noah started getting sick on Saturday night, it wasn't anything major no fever just a little cough, but come Sunday night we knew something was wrong. As most of you know from day one Noah has slept through the night, he doesn't cry hardly at all and is really the happiest baby, I often think wow how did we get so blessed with this perfect baby! Well Sunday night he didn't sleep at all (which now he sleeps 10-12 hours a night, so that raised a red flag) he was coughing a lot, had a little fever and was crying quite a bit!

We took to him to the doctor Monday morning and they checked him out saying basically he might have RSV but he's not way severe so lets keep watching him and bring him back in the morning and we'll go from there. So we headed home, well as we monitored him throughout the night his fever kept jumping higher and higher we then took him back to the doctor and they checked him again and sent us to the hospital. Well come to find out we got his test results back today and he has RSV =(. So they have hooked up to all these machines, they've done tests upon tests and he's been such a trooper. Can you believe when we first laid him on the bed in the hospital he was cooing and smiling.

Hopefully they'll release us tomorrow but I'm not so sure they will, I do think he's getting a little better as the days and nights go on but I'm not 100% sure. On top of that I was supposed to go back to work yesterday and obviously that didn't happen! Lindsey has been awesome and told me I can just come back next week... Which helps a lot, Thanks Lind's! It is really hard to watch your 3 month old baby endure all of this and yet just stand by and do nothing. I swear I've said a million prayers in the past 48 hours and I'm so thankful for the comfort that prayer brings into our lives. I'm so thankful for our family who have been so concerned for Noah and us and have prayed for us and been our strength. I'm also thankful for Kev and the strong support he's been as I sit down and close my eyes because I can't stand to see him in pain when they do all the nasty stuff to him and Kev is up there comforting him and explaining all this medical mumbo jumbo stuff to me, also the nurses and doctors have been fantastic! Hopefully my next post will be "Noah's Home and Doing Great"!

Above are some Pics of our Hospital stay so far...


5 comments:

Jess and Kip said...

Oh he looks so cute and it's so sad! I hope he gets all the way better soon! I can't wait to come see him but will stay away since I'm sick.

Meg said...

Oh my Goodness Cass! How Scary! That is so sad. What a sweet little boy, we will be keeping him in our prayers!
Love you guys.

Logan said...

How sad! He still looks pretty happy for being in the hospital. I hope that he is doing better.

z&jarnold said...

Melissa just told me that your little guy has RSV and i'm so sorry that is so hard! i hope that you were able to come home from the hospital and i hope he is doing better. Let me know if there is anything i can help with! we'll keep him in our prayers.

Marriott Family said...

O- Cass. How is little Noah? I hope he is doing better. Let me know if you need anything. I think that you are the new Queen of blogging!:) I know I do need to be better!

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to the most handsome baby on the block and married to the best husband ever. I love to spend time with my family and friends, playing games and just hanging out. I love to make crafts with my mom and sisters too.